AlcoholEdu Instructions 2012
**NOTE: All first-year halls are competing for a hall PIZZA PARTY! The hall with the highest completion rate by MIDNIGHT, SEPTEMBER 2, will win a PIZZA PARTY! Complete and pass PART 1 TODAY!!!
Below are contents of an email that was sent to students on August 29. It contains information on AlcoholEdu and instructions on taking the course.
Welcome to Georgetown University! By now, you should be well settled in your residential hall and ready for an excitement-filled year! On behalf of the University’s faculty and staff, I hope your first year at Georgetown will be filled with health, happiness and academic success.
This is a follow up e-mail regarding AlcoholEdu for College. You should have received an e-mail on August 24 regarding this requirement. We are excited to offer AlcoholEdu as part of the University’s comprehensive wellness program. It is an interactive, online course that uses science-based research to educate students about alcohol and its effects.
Because we feel so strongly about the importance of alcohol education and the value of this program, we are requiring every new incoming student to take the course.
Below you will find IMPORTANT information on how to take the course and on upcoming deadlines.
About the Course
The course will be available online starting Tuesday, August 28. It has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement.
• PART 1. Part 1 of the course takes approximately 1.5-2.5 hours to complete and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course.
The deadline for finishing Part I is Monday, September 24.
• PART 2. One month after you complete the Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2.
The deadline to complete Part 2 is Monday, November 5.
Confidentiality: All survey responses are strictly confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as whole and will never see individual students’ responses.
How to Take the Course:
1. Go to: http://college.AlcoholEdu.com/login.aspx
2. Under New User, enter the following Login ID: C131496A
3. Click Sign Up
4. On the registration page, create your AlcoholEdu account using your Georgetown email address, student ID*, and a password of your choice. Keep this info in a safe place. You will need it to log back into the course.
*Your student ID is a nine-digit number, which you should have received in the mail from the Registrar's Office. It is also located on your GOCard. It is NOT your social security number. If you do not enter your official student ID, you will not receive credit for taking the course.
5. You may log in and out at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a Next button.
Important: Do NOT log out until you click the Next button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
6. When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
If you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the Technical Help button located in the upper right-hand corner of every screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Help site. If you have non-technical questions, call Health Education Services at 202-687-8949.
Thank you and enjoy the course!
Todd A. Olson, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Search the articles and topics in this site: